Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Alex2000
New Contributor III

Ensuring VPN redundancy

I have 2 VPN servers. I configure them in the list when setting up the VPN client. If the first server is unavailable, the client does not connect to the second server. Am I doing something wrong?

image.png

1 Solution
Alex2000
New Contributor III

7.0.7 it is work !!!!!

new version bug !

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17
Alex2000
New Contributor III

You got it wrong again. These are completely different devices. They are located in different countries. But both of them perform the same function - access to the company’s corporate resources. You can connect to any of them and get a home connection to the company’s intranet. I want to indicate them in a list, so that if one device does not respond (broken), the second one responds and gives a connection. But the Forty client does not attempt to connect to the second server in the list.

Alex2000
New Contributor III

bad.jpggood.jpg

in one case there is only one server in the list that responds well. In another case, I move the same server second in the list. And the first one I register is a obviously non-existent IP. The connection will go on forever to the first one in the list, and there will be no attempt on the second one

Alex2000
New Contributor III

he pictures are mixed up but I think you understand

funkylicious

I tried myself this setup, using a fake IP address as first Remote Gateway and the 2nd the real IP+port and worked as intended.

When I entered the user/password combo, it went to status Connecting then to about 30%, then it returned by itself to the user/password screen were it was asking me to input them again, then after 2s it connected to the 2nd remote gw because I saw the Connecting status again and went to MFA input.

Maybe it has something to do with the fact that you are using a FortiClient ZTNA edition, try downloading the VPN only version.

geek
geek
Alex2000

I started with the simple version of the client. Mini. I still have the same problem. What am I doing wrong? I installed the full version on the advice of support.

can you show your config?

funkylicious

Below my SSLVPN config in FCT 7.0.7, I also tested the combo of fakeIP + realIP and fakeIP + realDNS, both worked in that order of being defined/configured.

prntscrn.png

geek
geek
Alex2000

Could you please clarify which installer you have installed? In the picture in the list VPN/32/64?

707.png

Alex2000
New Contributor III

7.0.7 it is work !!!!!

new version bug !

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors