Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Toshi_Esumi
SuperUser
SuperUser

FortiCloud login 2FA enforcement

As all the other users at FortiCloud must have gotten, I received an announcement email per email account for 2FA auth enforcement starting June the 7th.
My question is if it would apply to this Forum login account. I've kept using my old account email for last 10 years or more separated from my official FortiCloud login account through our company to manage assets and open tickets against the assets.
Once I tried to consolidate but found out I would lose my "toshi_esumi" profile including avatar. Then I was told to keep using the separate old account. Apparently there are no link between this forum account management and the other part of FortiCloud account management.

Toshi

2 REPLIES 2
Toshi_Esumi
SuperUser
SuperUser

Despite I get "unauthorized" when I used this email account to login the regular FortiCloud, surprisingly I seem to be able to set up 2FA.
So I guess I just need to go ahead and set up 2FA with FTNT's Fortitoken Cloud. But I'm still wondering if I would lose login to this forum/community if I don't set up the 2FA by June 7.

Toshi

Toshi_Esumi

I just set up 2FA with FortiToken Mobile for my email account. It works as expected. But one problem I found is I can't change the NAME of the token. When I tried to change from the default "FortiToken XXXX" (XXXX is the last 4 digit of token's serial number), it gave me error and I had to close the app and reopen again.
Does anyone know why it can't be changed?

Toshi

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors