Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
1mm
Contributor

Active-Passive HA with Trial License

Hello,

We have 2 Fortigate with Eval license applied, is it possible to configure Active-Standby Failover and then when we will receive our licenses we just apply them to the firewalls? 

1 Solution
srajeswaran

You need to have 2 separate evaluation license and devices should have 2 different serial numbers.

Regards,

Suraj

- Have you found a solution? Then give your helper a "Kudos" and mark the solution.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
srajeswaran
Staff
Staff

The procedure is explained here https://community.fortinet.com/t5/FortiGate/Technical-Tip-Upgrading-VM-license-and-add-VM-resources-...

Regards,

Suraj

- Have you found a solution? Then give your helper a "Kudos" and mark the solution.

1mm
Contributor

Hello @srajeswaran, Thanks for your reply,

Main question is if it possible create Active-Standby Failover with Eval License?

I mean License which provided by Fortinet for Test period, not that one you can receive after registration on FortiCare Portal.  

1mm
Contributor

As I see when I uploaded license to the First and Second Firewall works without issues. But I see that the Serial numbers on both firewalls are the same. And I'm thinking it is an issue...

Correct me please if I'm wrong. 

srajeswaran

You need to have 2 separate evaluation license and devices should have 2 different serial numbers.

Regards,

Suraj

1mm

Understood, thanks @srajeswaran 

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors