Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
AJD
New Contributor

Failed to download FortiTokens. Error: FortiCare communication failed

Hi, 

I have a new Fortigate 60E connected direct to the Internet.  I was lead to believe that I was eligable to two free Fortitoken mobile licenses with the unit.  However, when I try to download the tokens I get the error 'Failed to download FortiTokens. Error: FortiCare communication failed".

In the dashboard it shows:-

FortiToken MobileTokens Assigned  0 of 0  

Any thoughts?

Cheers

3 REPLIES 3
xsilver_FTNT
Staff
Staff

Try it again after some time. I heard that there were some load distribution issues on FortiCare side.

And AFAIK there is no known limitation for units to gain 2 free demo tokens.

Tomas Stribrny - NASDAQ:FTNT - Fortinet Inc. - TAC Staff Engineer
AAA, MFA, VoIP and other Fortinet stuff

AJD

Tried multiple times over several days, still no luck.

FGT # show full-configuration system dns config system dns     set primary 208.91.112.53     set secondary 208.91.112.52     set domain "<localdomain>"     set ip6-primary ::     set ip6-secondary ::     set dns-cache-limit 5000     set dns-cache-ttl 1800     set cache-notfound-responses disable     set source-ip 0.0.0.0 end   FGT # execute fortitoken-mobile import 0000-0000-0000-0000-0000 import fortitoken license error: -7501

FGT # diag fortitoken info FORTITOKEN       DRIFT  STATUS   Total activated token: 0 Total global activated token: 0   Token server status: reachable   FGT # exec ping directregistration.fortinet.com PING directregistration.fortinet.com (96.45.36.92): 56 data bytes 64 bytes from 96.45.36.92: icmp_seq=0 ttl=109 time=177.5 ms 64 bytes from 96.45.36.92: icmp_seq=1 ttl=109 time=174.8 ms ^C --- directregistration.fortinet.com ping statistics --- 2 packets transmitted, 2 packets received, 0% packet loss round-trip min/avg/max = 174.8/176.1/177.5 ms

xsilver_FTNT

Hi AJD,

we have investigated it internally under ID #389416 and root cause was on internal licensing system side, and should be fixed by now.

Tomas Stribrny - NASDAQ:FTNT - Fortinet Inc. - TAC Staff Engineer
AAA, MFA, VoIP and other Fortinet stuff

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors