Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
guchinife
New Contributor

FortiAP Offline

Hello
I have a FortiNet and I would like to connect a FortiAP
I have connected the FortiAP to a switch (management vlan) which is connected to the FortiGate.
The thing is that from the Fortinet "Managed FortiAps" appears in (Offline). However, the FortiAP responds to ping on the network.
Is it necessary to connect the FortiAP directly to the FortiNet for it to detect it?
If not, why does it appear Offline?

1 Solution
AnthonyH
Staff
Staff

Hello guchinife,

From what I under the topology is: FortiAP --> FortiSwitch --> FortiGate

You'll need to make sure Security Fabric Connection is enabled on the Management VLAN interface on the FortiGate.

On the FortiGate we can enable Security Fabric Connection on the VLAN interface (Network -> Interface -> Expand Fortilink -> Select the Management VLAN -> Under Administrative Access enable Security Fabric Connection).

https://community.fortinet.com/t5/FortiGate/Troubleshooting-Tip-Managed-FortiAP-showing-as-Offline-D...

Technical Support Engineer,
Anthony.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Anthony_E
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello, guchinif,

When you are mentioning a Fortinet, do you mean a FortiGate? I will help us to answer.

Regards,

Anthony-Fortinet Community Team.
guchinife

Sorry

Yes. FortiGate

Anthony_E
Community Manager
Community Manager

No problem at all :)! It will be helpful to provide you the best answer.

We will come back to you ASAP.

Anthony-Fortinet Community Team.
AnthonyH
Staff
Staff

Hello guchinife,

From what I under the topology is: FortiAP --> FortiSwitch --> FortiGate

You'll need to make sure Security Fabric Connection is enabled on the Management VLAN interface on the FortiGate.

On the FortiGate we can enable Security Fabric Connection on the VLAN interface (Network -> Interface -> Expand Fortilink -> Select the Management VLAN -> Under Administrative Access enable Security Fabric Connection).

https://community.fortinet.com/t5/FortiGate/Troubleshooting-Tip-Managed-FortiAP-showing-as-Offline-D...

Technical Support Engineer,
Anthony.
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors