Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
NeoRant
Contributor

Fortimail 7.4.1 - Create exceptions for blocked domains/emails Cont'd

I got a wonderful suggestion (kudos to the Fortinet community, excellent place) from previous post which I have not tried as yet, where i can turn off "check sender domain" to resolve the session domain(classifier) error where a particular mail is being rejected. Before doing this change though, after doing some reading, I tried using the block/safe list domain wide under security->block/safe list, but mails from that specific sender still being blocked. I need these mails as they are financial in nature. Is there any other way to exclude selected mail domains/senders from being blocked rather than turning off "Check sender domain"?

Community member is experiencing the same issue, but received no response

Fortimail Exemptions.jpg

3 REPLIES 3
Cajuntank
Contributor II

Can you maybe share a log export, pic of the log for the message in question, or more specifically if there is a log entry for the message that shows the block or reject? That will shed some more light into why the mail is being blocked.

AEK
SuperUser
SuperUser

If I understand well the "check sender domain" error, the issue is due to a sender that is sending email with a non existing domain. The first thing I'd do is to investigate why the sender is doing this, and I'd ask him to correct this behavior. I think this is the best solution for this case.

AEK
AEK
NeoRant
Contributor

Hi AEK, 

I will call and ask if that can be done. What if the sender refuses to make any changes lol. Let us see.

NeoRant

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors