Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
sfw98
New Contributor

Fortimanager displays application id instead of application title in security policies

Good day!

I have non-critical but pretty annoying issue which is connected with Fortimanager, which displays application IDs instead of application titles in Fortigate Security policies. So for example if I want to provide RDP access and create a policy using Application (not service), Fortimanager shows id 15511, not RDP (you can see it on the screenshot). 
screenshot1.PNG

This bug appeared after Fortimanager upgrade to version 7.2.3, but I can't find any information how to fix it.

Maybe someone has already faced such problem and know how to solve it? 

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

1 Solution
kcheng
Staff
Staff

Hi @sfw98 

This is a known issue:

https://docs.fortinet.com/document/fortimanager/7.4.1/release-notes/454729/known-issues

(bug ID: 900229)

It will be resolved in FMG 7.2.5 and FMG 7.4.2.

Cheers,
Kayzie Cheng

If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible for others.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
lgupta
Staff
Staff

Hello sfw98,

Thanks for reaching out.

For this issue, I would have created a ticket on the support portal using the FMG Serial number so the ticket gets routed to the FMG Team.

At first glance, looks like a potential bug.

Thank you!

Best regards,

-lgupta

If you feel the above steps helped to resolve the issue mark the reply as solved so that other customers can get it easily while searching on similar scenarios.
esalija
Staff
Staff

Hi @sfw98 

Please can you specify the FortiManager Firmware version that you are running?

Best regards,

Erlin

AEK
SuperUser
SuperUser

I had the same issue when I updated from 7.2.1 to some higher patch.

I got the information that this will be fixed in FMG 7.2.5 and FMG 7.4.2.

AEK
AEK
kcheng
Staff
Staff

Hi @sfw98 

This is a known issue:

https://docs.fortinet.com/document/fortimanager/7.4.1/release-notes/454729/known-issues

(bug ID: 900229)

It will be resolved in FMG 7.2.5 and FMG 7.4.2.

Cheers,
Kayzie Cheng

If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible for others.
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors