Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
MohamedFawzi
New Contributor II

IPsec VPN Remote Access ip issue

Hi

i am having a weird issue which my forticlient cant get an IP address from the fortigate IPsec VPN

i made sure all of my configuration were correct but still can't get an IP to access the network

please check the imagesimage.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.png

9 REPLIES 9
asoni
Staff
Staff

Hello,

can you please advise which version of Forticlient you're using?

also, are you seeing this issue with all users/PC? or only on one device?

If it's only on single device, can you please try to uninstall Forticlient and reinstall it.

MohamedFawzi
New Contributor II

The problem is he VPN was working just fine, I was using forticlient ems with no license,

then I downloaded the forticlient VPN only, and it didn't work (IPsec VPN RA)

image.png

MohamedFawzi
New Contributor II

i found out that the problem only on my pc , i deleted the fc and reinstall many times but still the same issue

Raghu_Kumar
Staff
Staff

Hello MohamedFawzi,

This article explains the 'unable to get VPN tunnel IP address (-30)' error and the solution while using Forticlient SSL VPN as the tool.

https://community.fortinet.com/t5/FortiGate/Technical-Tip-Unable-to-receive-VPN-tunnel-IP-address-30...

Thank You,

Raghu Kumar

Raghuram Kumar
MohamedFawzi

no there is no error occurs , it connected normally with no errors but it gives me no ip as you can see in the pictures, plus i am using IPsec not SSL

pmudgal
Staff
Staff

Hi MohamedFawzi,

Thank you for posting, can you please check the ipconfig/all on the CMD on windows machine.

Also make sure your VPN adapter status is enable and disable the ipv6 option on the adapter, then try to reconnect again.

Also can you please share the FCT and FGT firmware version, you may need to check the compatibility matrix as well.

Best Regards,

Piyush Mudgal

MohamedFawzi

image.png

i checked CMD and no IP address, and i disabled v6 still the same problem,

the weird thing it was working fine.

and its still brand new FW with no configuration

hbac

Hi @MohamedFawzi,

You mentioned that it only happens to your PC which means it is not a firewall issue. What is the OS of your PC? Windows11? You can enable debug on the FortiClient and check the logs: https://community.fortinet.com/t5/FortiClient/Technical-Tip-How-to-enable-debug-log-in-FortiClient/t...

Regards, 

MohamedFawzi
New Contributor II

yes i am using Windows 11 latest version

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors