Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
fugio9
New Contributor

Migrate Configuration from 60E to 61F

Hi all,

I have been using Fortigate 60E firewalls for a while now but since they have reached EOL i'm having to replace them with 61Fs.
Is there an easy way to migrate my configuration to this newer model?

Would it be a case or manually changing all references to interface names?

omegle xender
7 REPLIES 7
adambomb1219
SuperUser
SuperUser

You can use FortiConverter.  But I always recommend and opt for manually migrations.  Its a great opportunity to cleanup un-used rules and objects.

pmeet
Staff
Staff

Hello @fugio9 ,

as 61F has a built in disk also it has fortillink interfaces as well while 60E does not so you should definitely go with the Forticonverter license or re configure the 61F

PATELMM
Toshi_Esumi
SuperUser
SuperUser

It shouldn't be too bad even if you decided to go to manual conversion unless you broke all hardswitch interfaces to indivutuals and using internal6 and internal7 separately. Otherwise, all interface names should be the same on the 61F. Obviously you don't have A&B fortilink ports on 60E but it wouldn't affect since you don't have them and not using them.

WAN1, WAN2 and DMZ are still there so what do you think you need to change? I don't foresee much.

Toshi

hbac
Staff
Staff

Hi @fugio9

The recommended solution is FortiConverter. It is a one time paid service. However, it is possible to convert it manually. Please refer to https://community.fortinet.com/t5/FortiGate/Technical-Tip-How-to-load-convert-a-FortiGate-configurat...

Regards, 

mle2802
Staff
Staff

Hi @fugio9,

The best solution this scenario is FortiConverter service. Please refer to this online help for questions about this service "https://docs.fortinet.com/document/forticonverter-service/23.1.0/online-help/550685/about-forticonve...

Regards,
Minh

JayceonJonas
New Contributor

I've been a long-time user of FortiGate 60E firewalls, but now that they've reached end-of-life, I'm in the process of replacing them with FortiGate 61Fs. I'm looking for guidance on how to migrate my existing configuration to this newer model. Is there an easy way to do this, or will I need to manually update all references to interface names and other settings?

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors