Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
plsikk
New Contributor III

Problem with Cisco AP2802 series connected to FortiSwitch

Hello All Members. I'm new here so on the beginning very welcome All.

Two weeks ago starter migration from HPE switches to Fortiswitches. Now I found issue with Cisco AP

Radio firmware crashed during boot AP. This never happened on HPE. I made many cross tests and now I'm stuck.

AP connected to FS - stuck during boot. From time to time booting ok but after few min crash. The same AP connected over the same cable to HPE switch  booting fine and working stable. 

HPE switches ( HP 5406 with POE+, 2920 (POE+) 3500yl(POE+) 

FortiSwitches 248E-FPOE, 108E FPOE, 224D-FPOE, FortiOS 6.4.5 , 7.0.4, 7.2.4

On fortiswich the same situation. Now I'm stupid , what is going on. 

FortiSwitches managed by FG200E on FortiOS 6.4.12. 

Also have problem with other devices  like UPS management cards (eaton) probably auto negotiation issue and with links between FS and other switches via fiber SFP. But for this I found workaround. HAve to set speed port manually to AUTO (Not 1000Auto). 

Any help, suggestions will be very helpful  

Best regards
Best regards
4 REPLIES 4
Jean-Philippe_P

Hello plsikk, 

Thank you for using the Community Forum. I will seek to get you an answer or help. We will reply to this thread with an update as soon as possible. 

Thanks, 

Jean-Philippe - Fortinet Community Team
Jean-Philippe_P

Hello,

We are still looking for an answer to your question.

We will come back to you ASAP.

Thanks,

Jean-Philippe - Fortinet Community Team
vsiva
Staff
Staff

Hi plsikk,

Thank you for the query.

What is the speed negotiation required for the Cisco APs? 

Also are the APs connected via one link or two links?

If the APs are crashing,  the first plan would be to use manual speed negotation and just one direct link to see if it is stable.

On switch , it should be direct troubleshooting i.e speed/duplex/poe  and stp.

You can aswell disable stp on the specific AP connected port to see if the Cisco AP remains stable.

If the issue still persists post above changes, I would recommend to open a support case on both AP vendor end and Fortiswitch end.

plsikk
New Contributor III

Hi

I don't know why but if |AP is disconnected for more then one day and ip address expire on DHCP and connected after this one day - is booting fine and working ok. Crazy for me 

Best regards
Best regards
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors