Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
ICTSZU
New Contributor II

VPN not working on mobile devices after 7.0.14 upgrade

We upgraded our cluster from 7.0.12 to 7.0.14 due to critical vulnerability.

Now we have the issue that mobile devices (Android) cannot connect to the VPN anymore.

We end up getting the error: "Cloud not retrieve auth ID" and the redirect is not working properly.

And it seems we are not the only one:

FortiClient VPN SSLVPN on Android no longer working : r/fortinet (reddit.com)

Anyone else with the same issue?

Is there already a fix for this problem?

20 REPLIES 20
ScarletSpider

Hello, official support sent us the FortiClient_vpn-v7.2.2-build0125-release.apk version which has this SSO issue resolved.

ScarletSpider
New Contributor

Official support sent us the FortiClient_vpn-v7.2.2-build0125-release.apk version which has this SSO issue resolved.

ICTSZU
New Contributor II

Can some one from Official Support post a download Link here or point to a Official Release?

Is this already published in the playstore?

smaruvala

Hello,
I would suggest you can open a support ticket and TAC engineer will send the OS file to you. 

Regards,

Shiva

ICTSZU
New Contributor II

Hi,

Since this is a public available App in the Playstore you should update it there?

We don't want to provide a single apk just for this issue via MDM. Can you please update your Playstore Version to the 7.2.2 with the build which has the fix in it?

Thanks

smaruvala

Hello,

As per my research currently work is in progress and it should be available end of Feb. Please note that this is a tentative dates and they are subjected to changes.

Regards,

Shiva

Behaylu
New Contributor

hello everyone
any suggested solution please ? and can anyone share me the download link please ?

smaruvala

Hello,

You need to upgrade the forticlient to a latest patch version. I don't think the version is in there in the support portal yet. I would suggest you to open a TAC case and get the file from the support.

Regards,

Shiva

Behaylu

Hello Shiva,

I have tested the new 7.2.2 .apk provided by TAC, and it is working and resolved the sso issue on Android devices. One suggestion I have is to clean the cache of the mobile browsers, such as Chrome or others, before initiating authentication.

regards, 
Behaylu A

Peter_Y
New Contributor

Hi, everyone

As ICTSZU mentioned about it, we also have a same issued for FortiClient version. I checked out this 7.2.2 version in Android app store today afternoon in KST. but, I can see about the other Galaxy S23 and didn't any platform about Galaxy A model, chromebook also.

Is it support one Galaxy S model only? or does anyone know when it will be released this version to other model?

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors