Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Masti
New Contributor

macOS Sonoma VPN error

Hello,

I downloaded forticlient 7.0.7 for macOS. I installed the application, gave permission to fortitray, to fcvse, etc. to absolutely everything I had to give permission. The login interface appears, but I can't activate the VPN from my macbook. When I click on toggle vpn, it does not activate. Any solutions?

IMG_0158.jpeg

IMG_0159.jpeg

System: Sonoma 14.2.1

  

18 REPLIES 18
Masti
New Contributor

I managed to connect to the vpn but now it won't let me load other pages like google, only the ones from the server that I access

Umer221

How did you manage to connect? What changes did you make, please share for the community.

Umer221

Is the server behind FortiGate which is accessible currently?

Umer221

Is it Full-Tunnel or split-tunnel SSL-VPN configuration on FortiGate?

Masti
New Contributor

is SSL-VPN

I installed from the fortivpn website and the table let me enter the remote interface but it stops my internet for other sites. now I installed the forti console, it lets me log in, I receive a verification code, I enter it and then it doesn't connect, it refreshes

Umer221

Could you check if you have a policy to allow traffic from SSL-VPN (Interface) to WAN (Interface), if you have configured full-tunnel.

In case of full-tunnel, you will need a Policy from SSLVPN to WAN interface with source address (SSLVPN / or all) and destination address (all).

Masti
New Contributor

IMG_0177.jpeg

I can connect to vpn only with this setting on. still can't access any other websites...

Umer221
Staff
Staff

@Masti, thanks for your response.

We will need to check SSL-VPN configuration on FortiGate. Here is the path "VPN > SSLVPN Settings > Scroll at the bottom to check the user name or user group either using tunnel-mode or full-tunnel"?
If you you are unable to access external (Internet hosted websites), the it points the issue related to the either policy (as mentioned above) or user permissions level depending on the tunnel-mode being used.

Could you confirm if it is split tunnel or full-tunnel?

Masti
New Contributor

Like this? 

IMG_0180.jpeg

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors