Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
unknown1020
New Contributor III

update from version 6.4.13 to 7.0.14

Hello, do you know why the path for the update from version 6.4.13 to 7.0.14 is not shown?

I have a 300E device and I need to update to version 7.0.14 but when I enter the following link to see the update path https://docs.fortinet.com/upgrade-tool/fortigate I cannot find the version

Screenshot_1.jpg

2 Solutions
Toshi_Esumi
SuperUser
SuperUser

They started putting "M" after the version numbers for those versions that don't have any new features. "M"means "mature" according to them. So 6.4.13M is the one you're looking for. Also the target version is "7.0.14M" in the same manner.

Toshi

View solution in original post

raureada

Yes correct, Now aside from providing the latest firmware version they also include the maturity levels on the new firmware release.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Toshi_Esumi
SuperUser
SuperUser

They started putting "M" after the version numbers for those versions that don't have any new features. "M"means "mature" according to them. So 6.4.13M is the one you're looking for. Also the target version is "7.0.14M" in the same manner.

Toshi

smaruvala
Staff
Staff

Hi,

- For the upgrade path you can follow the below steps.
Go to Fortinet Support Portal (support.fortinet.com) -> Support -> Firmware Download -> Select Product -> FortiGate -> Upgrade Path.

- As @Toshi_Esumi we have start putting M after the version number which means mature version.

Regards,

Shiva

raureada
Staff
Staff

Hi Team,

The following is the recommended FortiOS migration path for your product:

Version Build Number
6.4.13M 2092
7.0.12M 0523
7.0.14M 0601

See below for more details on Firmware maturity levels:

https://docs.fortinet.com/document/fortigate/7.0.8/administration-guide/173707/firmware-maturity-lev...

unknown1020
New Contributor III

So they added the "M" because it wasn't like that before, I thought it was a different version when I saw the M

raureada

Yes correct, Now aside from providing the latest firmware version they also include the maturity levels on the new firmware release.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors