Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
MustphaBassim
New Contributor III

FortiConvter for migration

Hello Dears

I am migration from 60F to 201F firewalls using FortiConverter in the 60F there is VDOM while on 201F i am not intersted to make VDOM on it is there any method to using fortiConverter without VDOM ? and using the same configration on Firewall policies and samfe stuff

4 REPLIES 4
lgupta
Staff
Staff

Hello MustphaBassim ,

Thanks for reaching out.

Sorry, you cannot use FortiConverter for that purpose. FortiConverter will convert the configs from an old device to a new device and will help you move the interfaces around for convenience. You will have to manually configure the Firewall with no VDOM(s).

Thanks.

Best regards,

-lgupta

If you feel the above steps helped to resolve the issue mark the reply as solved so that other customers can get it easily while searching on similar scenarios.
MustphaBassim
New Contributor III

Hello Dear

Thnx for reply 

So i must go with create vdom on new firewall and then using the tool ?

lgupta
Staff
Staff

Hello MustphaBassim ,

No, just convert the config files, VDOM settings/details are configured in the configuration file.

Thanks

Best regards,

-lgupta

If you feel the above steps helped to resolve the issue mark the reply as solved so that other customers can get it easily while searching on similar scenarios.
MustphaBassim
New Contributor III

Ok , so it is need for license to complete that ? Since it is giving me an error with interface mapping since the old one is internal and new one is port

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors