Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
fox
New Contributor

Fortigate Hub-Spoke compatibility

Hi,

I have tried mix fortigate ADVPN with cisco router ipsec, and found cisco Spoke cannot communicate with another spoke, also cannot found any related documents, just want to know fortigate can compatibilite which device? Are there kind of list? thanks

4 REPLIES 4
dbu
Staff
Staff

Hi @fox ,

Please keep in mind that ADVPN is Fortinet proprietary protocol, as DMVPN is for Cisco. 
I am not sure if they can be integrated together. 

Regards!
If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible for others.
chagade6
New Contributor

Standard IPsec should be perfectly fine. New changes are typically local-side improvements that don't show up on the wire (remote end can't tell the difference), so I would not expect any IPsec compat issues.

omegle xender
vsahu
Staff
Staff

Hello Fox,

Auto Discovery VPN (ADVPN) is a Fortinet proprietary protocol. This is pretty much the same concept as DMVPN but available only on FortiGates, If you're configuring a normal VPN it will work as expected but ADVPN will not work as being a Fortinet proprietary protocol.

https://kb.fortinet.com/kb/documentLink.do?externalID=FD39360

Regards,
Vishal
fox
New Contributor

Noted, thanks

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors