Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
johnlloyd_13
Contributor

Move FG to another folder in FortiCloud

hi,

i just added a new FG in forticloud 'asset management' portal.

the new FG was added by default in 'my assets' but i have a separate folder/group that i need to use.

is there a way to move the new FG from 'my assets' to the target 'infra' folder beneath it?

i tried to explore/tinker this portal and folders but couldn't find a way to transfer it.

or maybe my profile/account doesn't have the right privilege to do so?

image.png

Thanks,
John
Thanks,John
6 REPLIES 6
fricci_FTNT
Staff
Staff

Hi @johnlloyd_13 ,

You may find the link below useful:
https://docs.fortinet.com/document/forticloud/latest/asset-management/435523/creating-custom-views

"You can drag and drop items into a folder, or use the GUI to select a new location."

Best regards,

---
If you have found a useful article or a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible to others.
johnlloyd_13
Contributor

hi,

i don't see options when i hover into 'my assets' folder.

it seems to be a rights issue.

do i raise a support ticket or just ask our admin to give me RW rights?

Thanks,
John
Thanks,John
fricci_FTNT

Hi,
I would do the below:
1- check with your admin if it is actually a right issue (they might give you permissions or might be able to move the asset on your behalf).
2- if there is still an issue, I would open a ticket so the FortiCloud support can help you/your admin further.

Best regards,

---
If you have found a useful article or a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible to others.
johnlloyd_13

hi,

i've raised a 'customer service' type ticket to see what the support says.

Thanks,
John
Thanks,John
rtichkule
Staff
Staff

You can contact the customer support team to get assistance on migrating the device.

You can ask queries on the below link.
https://support.fortinet.com/webchatonline.aspx

johnlloyd_13
Contributor

just an update, support told me i need to be an IAM user and not use the email login to give me permission to move FG devices to other folders.

Thanks,
John
Thanks,John
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors