Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
FlavioB
New Contributor III

[OS5] Using one guest account on multiple devices?

Hello everybody. Is it possible to use one guest account (the ones created under " guest user management" and applied to an identity-based policy) on more than 1 device? Kind regards, F.
4 REPLIES 4
Carl_Wallmark
Valued Contributor

What do you mean with 1 device?

FCNSA, FCNSP
---
FortiGate 200A/B, 224B, 110C, 100A/D, 80C/CM/Voice, 60B/C/CX/D, 50B, 40C, 30B
FortiAnalyzer 100B, 100C
FortiMail 100,100C
FortiManager VM
FortiAuthenticator VM
FortiToken
FortiAP 220B/221B, 11C

FCNSA, FCNSP---FortiGate 200A/B, 224B, 110C, 100A/D, 80C/CM/Voice, 60B/C/CX/D, 50B, 40C, 30BFortiAnalyzer 100B, 100CFortiMail 100,100CFortiManager VMFortiAuthenticator VMFortiTokenFortiAP 220B/221B, 11C
FlavioB

Hello " Selective" . I mean MORE than one device. Like if you have your username/password on your laptop, on your smartphone and eventually on your iPad... Is there a limit on FortiOS 5.0.1? Is there any setting to change this limit? Thanks, F.
fropert_FTNT
Staff
Staff

Hello, As of today, the configuration that handle 1 username per X workstation is the following: config system global set policy-auth-concurrent 10 <= allow up to 10 devices. 0 disable the feature. 100 is the maximum value. end This behavior is a new feature introduced with 5.0.
FlavioB
New Contributor III

Hello fropert, that' s what I was seeking for! Nevertheless, there is no way to disable it with " zero value" : FG100D (global) # set policy-auth-concurrent <integer> please input integer value (1-100) FG100D (global) # set policy-auth-concurrent 0 The value should be in the range of 1-100. value parse error before ' 0' Command fail. Return code -61 And also, the online CLI reference guide somehow states that: policy-auth-concurrent {enable | disable} Enable to restrict concurrent logins by firewall authenticated users to the same IP address. For admin accounts use admin-concurrent. I' ll try with this setup and get back to you all. Many thanks, F.
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors