Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Fortinet709
New Contributor

Using FortiToken Hardware Tokens with Azure

Trying to use FortiToken Hardware Tokens for Azure MFA for users who do not have company phones. Has anyone had success with this? 

I was able to upload a CSV file with Microsoft's required information, however i cannot activate a token. 

format example.

upn,serial number,secret key,time interval,manufacturer,model
Helga@contoso.com,1234567,1234567abcdef1234567abcdef,60,Contoso,HardwareKey

I have Fortinet for manufacturer and FortiToken-200B for model. 

1 Solution
Demir21
Staff
Staff

Hi, 

From your description I am not sure if you have contacted Fortinet to get the details in order to fill the CSV file required  from Microsoft? In order to have the details (secret key, serial number, time interval, ...) you need to get the Seed file by contacting support and giving them your tokens serial numbers. To better address your issue further details are needed. Are you seeing any error?

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Demir21
Staff
Staff

Hi, 

From your description I am not sure if you have contacted Fortinet to get the details in order to fill the CSV file required  from Microsoft? In order to have the details (secret key, serial number, time interval, ...) you need to get the Seed file by contacting support and giving them your tokens serial numbers. To better address your issue further details are needed. Are you seeing any error?

skahn

Demir,

I have a tac case open on an FTK-200B renewal contract. My client who has 25 FTK purchased last does not own a FTG or FortiAuth. The Azure CSV was sent and the token work fine, the client wants to renew for 2024. How does that happen?

Fortinet709
New Contributor

Hi Demir, 

thanks for reaching out. I did reach out to Fortinet and received a secret key, but not an actual seed file? is that separate from the key?

the error when trying to activate the token is....

Fortinet709_0-1686662612464.png

Fortinet709
New Contributor

problem resolved. support sent a seed file and it was quarantined on our end. 

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors