Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
sunnew
New Contributor II

auxiliary-session configuration issue

When I enter the auxiliary-session command on the fortigate 50e device, it does not work.

I would like to know if the auxiliary-session command is not set on the fortigate 50e device or if it is a version issue.

1 Solution
sunnew
New Contributor II

I understand.

Thank you for answer

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
AEK
SuperUser
SuperUser

• In FortiOS 6.0 and earlier, the auxiliary session feature is not supported.
  • In FortiOS 6.2.0 to 6.2.2, the auxiliary session feature is permanently enabled.
  • In FortiOS 6.2.3 and later, the auxiliary session feature is disabled by default, and can be enabled if required.

Ref:  https://docs.fortinet.com/document/fortigate/6.2.0/new-features/14295/controlling-return-path-with-a...

AEK
AEK
sunnew
New Contributor II

Thanks for the reply

My fortigate 50e version is 6.2.14.

When checking the settings, there is no set auxiliary-session command.

AEK

Do you have multiple VDOMs? If so, from which VDOM are you checking the command?

If this is not the case then I guess it may not exist on small models, because it consumes extra resources when enable  (this is just a supposition that need to be checked).

AEK
AEK
sunnew
New Contributor II

My device does not have multiple vdom set up

During initial setup of fortigate 50e device
config system setting -> set auxiliary-session enable/disable
The command is not visible.

(I have a 60F device, so the command is confirmed when setting 60F on the same OS.)

hbac

Hi @sunnew,

Looks like that command is removed and only works on hardware with NPU (higher models only).

Regards, 

sunnew
New Contributor II

thank you for your answer.

Is there a way to check if my device has a hardware npu?

AEK

AEK
sunnew
New Contributor II

I understand.

Thank you for answer

pmudgal
Staff
Staff

Hey Sunnew,

Thank you for contacting the Fortinet support, you can refer the below document:

https://docs.fortinet.com/document/fortigate/6.2.0/new-features/14295/controlling-return-path-with-a...

Can you please provide the below command output.

#get system status

BR,

Piyush

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors