Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
asda
New Contributor

problem with HA monitored interface configuration for LACP interface

Technical Tip: Best practice HA monitored interface configuration for LACP interface that is used fo...

I had already seen this tip,and my device is fortigate 3240c,v5.4.10,build1220,180821 (GA)

I created two lacp groups.

port1 port2 port3 port4 for mgmt-channel and port5 port6 port7 port8 for inside-channel

But when i tried to config like the tip,It failed.

How can i monitor independent each ports,if this configuration is truely couldn'd be add.

Please give some advice,thank you very much.

my ha configuration,and i show which port i can addmy ha configuration,and i show which port i can add

my ha configuration,and show which port could be add,there is no port1-port8

微信图片_20231129170047.png

the error

7 REPLIES 7
AEK
SuperUser
SuperUser

You should be able to monitor independent interfaces this way:

set monitor port5 port6 port7 port8

However I think you shouldn't monitor theses interfaces, since if you have one interface down the link still work and you will have unnecessary node failover.

So usually when I have LACP I don't monitor it, since it is LACP and it's quite unlikely to fail, especially when it is connected with multi-chassis.

AEK
AEK
asda
New Contributor

Hi AEK:

I have tried in this way,also can't be able.

And I monitor the individual interface because there is a bandwidth requirement. After the port is down, HA can switch to ensure stable bandwidth

darisandy
Staff
Staff

It's also possible that this is because of the FortiOS version.

The KB article was written last year, 2022

But FortiOS version 5.4 is quite old, it was released on 2015

asda
New Contributor

Hi darisandy:

Is there any way without this artical that can monitor each port when the port down,the ha status will change.

thank you

darisandy

Based on the available command you shared, I don't think it's possible.

Once the ports are member of LACP interface, most likely that older version can't refer to the physical port anymore.

AEK
SuperUser
SuperUser

Hi Asda

Otherwise try using automation stitches. It should be doable.

AEK
AEK
asda
New Contributor

It seems that my version does not support automation stitches🥲

But also thank for your advice.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors