Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Amr_Ali
New Contributor

SSL Tunnel Mode with ZTNA Tags

Hello,

how i can configure SSL VPN tunnel-mode with ZTNA tags by ZTNA simple Policy 

i try to find any article to check this configuration but i did not found , so if any one can provide me with any article describe this configuration

2 REPLIES 2
AEK
SuperUser
SuperUser

Hi Amr

I deployed EMS 7.0.x two years ago so I don't have fresh memory, but I remember that clients must have access to EMS port 8013 (and probably 10443), so they get the required tags.

I hope I'm not wrong.

Then on FortiGate (FOS 7.0.x) we added firewall policy from SSL-VPN to Internal using tags, in order to allow traffic from managed clients only.

That was on EMS 7.0.x and with FortiGate 7.0.x, so in case you use 7.2.x then you may check if something changed around this because there are usually some changes between versions.

AEK
AEK
pginete
Staff
Staff

Hi Amr_Ali,

You can try the following which was mentioned in this https://community.fortinet.com/t5/Support-Forum/Fortigate-ZTNA-Tag-added-in-policy-SSLVPN-cannot-acc...

I have a functioning setup with the following:

- one policy from VPN to DNS and no tag (client needs to be able to resolve EMS FQDN before reaching EMS)
- one policy from VPN to EMS and no tag (client needs to connect to EMS first through VPN tunnel before getting updated tags)

- one default policy from VPN to local LAN and tags set

If FortiGate does not associate the tunnel IP with the tags (and it can only do that when EMS associates the tags with tunnel IP as well), then no access is possible.

Thank you.

Regards,

Paulo

Thanks,
Paulo Ginete
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors