Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
manucmp
New Contributor II

Advertising bgp routes

Hi all, we have around 50 static routes. I just need to advertise two of them in eBGP. I managed to stop propagating static route and try to advertise only the two needed... can't get it done (is there a clear how-to I can follow?).
I could re-advertise static routes and block all 48 not needed... but it feels an overkill...
What should I do? Thank you.

1 Solution
Toshi_Esumi
SuperUser
SuperUser

Or, create the same prefix-list @saneeshpv_FTNT suggests EXCEPT edit 3, to simply match without denying the rest. Then create a route-map like below and use it at neighbor config section in route-map-out statement. route-maps have implicit deny at the end.

config router route-map

edit "advertise-limited-routes"

config rule

set match-ip-address "Test"

next

end

config router bgp

config neighbor

edit <neighbor_IP>

set route-map-out  "advertise-limited-routes"

next

end

end

This adds one more layer so additional work. But more flexible when you start dealing with multiple prefix lists in the future.

Toshi

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
saneeshpv_FTNT

Hi ,

You may use a prefix-list to filter routes a per your requirement and then call them in BGP configuration for route-advertisement.

Ex:

FGVM02TM22000863 (Test) # show
config router prefix-list
edit "Test"
config rule
edit 1
set prefix 1.1.1.1 255.255.255.255
unset ge
unset le
next
edit 2
set prefix 2.2.2.1 255.255.255.255
unset ge
unset le
next
edit 3
set action deny
set prefix any
unset ge
unset le
next
end
next
end

https://community.fortinet.com/t5/FortiGate/Technical-Tip-How-to-control-BGP-route-advertisement-wit... 

Regards

Toshi_Esumi
SuperUser
SuperUser

Or, create the same prefix-list @saneeshpv_FTNT suggests EXCEPT edit 3, to simply match without denying the rest. Then create a route-map like below and use it at neighbor config section in route-map-out statement. route-maps have implicit deny at the end.

config router route-map

edit "advertise-limited-routes"

config rule

set match-ip-address "Test"

next

end

config router bgp

config neighbor

edit <neighbor_IP>

set route-map-out  "advertise-limited-routes"

next

end

end

This adds one more layer so additional work. But more flexible when you start dealing with multiple prefix lists in the future.

Toshi

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors